1.15.2006

Super Bowl Halftime Public Lynchings

I propose that this year as a halftime spectacular, that the NFL build a 12 person gallows on the fifty yard line and have a mass hanging of their referees at the Superbowl.

Never in my 30 years of watching pro football have I watched such shoddy officiating that has threatened the outcome of the games. I have no rooting interest in any of the teams in the playoffs but these guys were god awful this weekend. You would think that instant replay would help the refs make the proper calls. Instead, they continue to butcher the calls even with the benefit of slow motion replay.

Now, I'm sick of my friends whining and complaining about the refs each week but after watching that debacle of a game that was Pittsburgh-Indianapolis, I am convinced that the refs should be executed for doing everything in their power to insure the Colts victory. There was a clear pass interference by Indy on Randle El that they turned their backs on, a scrimmage infraction that turned out to be a phantom call and two interceptions by the Steelers that were ruled incomplete. On the second, which ocurred as the Steelers apparently iced the game on a wonderful play by Polamalau, the play was challenged by Indy. It was so obvious an interception, I have no idea but to assume that the ref was bribed to throw the game. And I really can't give a fig who won. The refs basically became the most important aspect of the game and were so inept it made me sick. Even with a clear replay of the interception, he overturned the call on the field. That ref should be fired tonight!

But I'll go one step further because the Patriots-Broncos was also an officiating nightmare. I think that at the halftime at the Superbowl, we should hang all the guilty refs for their calls/non-calls. Let's execute these shrivs and get some refs in who have a clue. My interest in football has waned in the last few years and now I think I know why. Let's watch those bitches swing while the music plays and lets get some refs in there that are younger than 50 years old and many years away from cataract surgery.

NFL, what a fucking disaster. If there isn't a full inquiry into the refs at Indy this weekend for bribery charges, then the league is a goddamn joke. There is no other explanation except that they were bribed.

Let the fucksticks swing I say! (fucksticks, a new word brought to you by B., my girlfriend's cousin)

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise