3.30.2006

What Is It About Rosie Perez That Makes Me Want To Smash Her Head In With A Baseball Bat?

Obviously, I'm being facetious. Thankfully, I don't see her too much in movies or on television because she brings out the very worst in me. Maybe it's because she seems the get the most annoying and bitchiest character roles. Maybe it's her grating voice that makes you want to drill holes in your own eardrums.

It's not that I have an issue with latina women. God knows my ex was jealous over my infatuation with Gloria Estefan years back. I don't know exactly what it is, and Rosie may be one of the nicest people in the world, but I can't fucking stand her.

Her character portrayals of spoiled, mouthy bitches coupled with that voice that could peel paint has not exactly endeared me to her. Even when she did a voice over for the female lead in the cartoon movie The Road To El Dorado (2000), my blood pressure rose about 40 points. I think I beat my children immediately after that picture let out, to relieve some tension. And forget about me ever watching It Could Happen To You (1994). I think I would stroke out if I had to sit through her portrayal as that miserable bitch again.

Just about every role I've seen her play gives me ass cancer.

You would think that I'd like her. She's from Brooklyn, NY, just a stones throw away from where I grew up. Nope, I still hate her. Maybe part of me thinks that Rosie isn't playing a role but merely playing herself and I can't separate fact from fiction. Possible.

But it just doesn't matter. I never said it was logical or was a correct assessment. I can't believe she makes a living playing such stereotypical bitches. Maybe that's what it is. Is playing an incredibly annoying bitch that much of a stretch for any woman, let alone an actress? My ex was pretty good at it but I never remenber cashing any royalty or residuals checks.

That's it! Rosie, you are typecast forever in my mind as that person. Congratulations.

Is it too late or did Gloria Stefan hit the wall already?

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise