11.20.2005

Yes...I'm Addicted To Harry Potter!

A lovely 30-something PhD turned me onto the books when "The Goblet of Fire" first came out. I chastized her for reading children's books.

She told me that she was hopelessly addicted to them and gave me "The Sorcerer's Stone" to read. I've been addicted ever since. I wait in line with my girls at midnight for the last two new releases like a crack addict trying to score some "rock". I even bought two copies of "The Half Blood Prince" because my eldest daughter, Loni, was going to the shore with her mother and I didn't want to wait until she got back to read it. I finished the book early Monday morning, a little over 24 hours later.

Of course I saw the new movie on Friday night and at two and a half hours, I thought it was painfully short and missed so many good parts of the book. What else is new. I thought the movie was great, but I felt that it was like putting an LP record at 45 speed. Every scene seemed so rushed. I felt like the movie went by in 45 minutes. Now, I feel like I need another fix. I guess I'll have to talk my girls into seeing it again and give the whole series another read through. I hate to admit how many times I've read the series in the last few years. It's a great time to be a kid. These books are awesome. Now onto re-reading the Narnia series. Man, do I have some serious issues.

I am Bluey and I am an addict.

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise