11.26.2005

Thanksgiving in NYC

I just returned with my girls from a crazy Thanksgiving in NYC with my family. My sister, Siouxy, had her third son, JT, on Friday to match my three daughters. My mom attempted unsuccessfully (we're getting too wise for her to manipulate us anymore) to start WWIII between all of us siblings by telling my youngest sister, Kreeshka, that the rest of us were criticizing the behavior of her kids in an effort to deflect her own commentary on Kreeshka's children. My daughters and I spent the drives playing Judge Judy where we all took turn being the judge, plaintiff and defendants (I sure wish I had an audio copy of the precedings- "Case is dismissed! ba da da!). The cases all seemed to resolve around my lactose intolerance, which they seem to really get a kick out of (poisoning by milk, cheese, Combos or cheeze-its).

All in all, a fun trip to see my family but it's nice to return to my quiet solitude. I swear my mother is slowly inducing a brain tumor with her incessant talking. I love her to death but God what I would give for a few minutes of silence. The scary thing is that I talk alot. Anyone who knows me can vouch for my non-stop banter. My Mom puts me to shame. My favorite quote (besides "Case dismissed!") for the weekend comes compliments of my three year old niece, Gabagoo, who when asked to go on the potty, looks at the toilet and exclaims "That's disgusting!". We had fun with her and I'm sure much her mom's chagrin, we had her uttering her hallmark quote directed at just about everything. She had me pissing myself.

Lastly, the funniest moments came when me, my mom, my daughters and my brother, Frunkel, were watching a NY1 expose of a dangerous game that teens everywhere are playing called "The Choking Game", where teens choke each other or themselves to go unconscious and get a "high". Apparently another teen or two died recently trying to get high. Of course, this all feeds into my social Darwinism argument that the stupid of society, not only die, but probably deserve to do so.

My daughters had their uncle, Frunkel playing hide and seek all weekend. Every time thay asked him what he wanted to play, he would exclaim, "Let's play the choking game!". My horrified mother would yell at him and we would bust out laughing. It never failed to make me or my daughters laugh.

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise