11.09.2005

I Hope Not...I'm Dating Your Daughter!

My name is Rich and when I was in graduate school a few years back, there was a kind and wise professor who always took the time to give me advice and guide my progress as a student. He really fit the mold of the proto-typical sweet old man. He always made time for his students and he always had a word of encouragement when you ran into him in the halls.

One day in particular, we were talking about my schedule for the upcoming term, and he was counseling me on the various class offerings. At the time I was dating his daughter, who was also a graduate student in the department.

Out of nowhere (and highly unexpected to me) he asks me "Do you prefer Dick?"

I damn well had to bite my tongue to keep from crying. It took me a split second to realize he was talking about my name and I was barely able to keep myself composed until I walked away and then just about pissed myself laughing in the bathroom.

To this day I wish I could have blurted out the first thing that came to my mind...

"I hope not, I'm dating your daughter!"

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise