1.17.2009

Family Feud 2: Electric Bugaloo

Well, Tay has done it again.

Just to summarize, Tay and I play a game while we watch Family Feud. We both try to guess the number 1 answers for the first four rounds. One point is given for the number 1 answer, ties get 1/2 point and if neither of us gets the number 1, a 1/2 point is given to the highest ranked answer between us.

Many of you enjoyed my last story of a miracle victory, here is the latest incantation.

I go up quickly 1-0 as I nail the first answer. Tay takes a half point in Round 2. In Round 3, we both give the same #1 answer, so the score stands at Bluey 1.5, Tay 1 with one last round coming up.

I start to tease her.

"You know all I have to do now is to wait for you to start saying something and just say the same thing and take the win..."

"That's what you ALWAYS do!"

"Now, who's being a sore loser? I'm just kidding...it's on like Donkey Kong!"

"We'll see..."

So, the last question is "Name a language that many people must learn for business purposes"

Tay yells out "Spanish!"

I was a little slow on the draw and also yell out Spanish...

It's the #1 answer.

I immediately go on the offensive.

"Well, that's a tie...you lose!"

"I did not you big cheater! I said it first!"

"No you didn't!"

"Did too! You lost fair and square...admit it, admit it!"

I sheepishly concur...I'm a beaten man...

Other answers are given on the show, Chinese and English also were up there #2 and #3 leaving one more answer. I'd pretty much accepted defeat until Tay blurts out...

"I'll give you the win if you get the last answer..."

I immediately answer "French".

Tay says, "That answer has already been given"

"No, it hasn't"

Tay goes into full panic mode judging by her eyes...

The #4 answer turns out to be, you guessed it..."French".

"WooHoooooooooo!!! I win!!!! Yes!!!!"

"That doesn't count", counters Tay, "I was only joking".

"What? You were not!"

"I thought that they already gave French, so it doesn't count!"

"No. I admitted that I lost and didn't even beg for a last chance deal. I had accepted the loss until you made the offer and I answered. I won fair and square. You got a little too big for yer britches!"

"Damn!"

So, once again, Bluey snatches victory out of the jaws of defeat!

Will Tay ever learn?

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise