3.25.2008

My March Madness


My interest in the NCAA tournament is lukewarm at best. I've never been much of a basketball fan.


But, my daughter Bebis, her school's point guard, has really turned that around for me.

You see, Bebis has some mad skilz on a basketball court. She is almost always the fastest girl on the court as she can dribble through an entire team and still can catch up to a fast break going the other way even if the girl has a twenty foot head start on her. She plays tenacious defense and plays so unselfishly, she is just as likely to make a last minute dish to a teammate than putting up her own shot.

Last night, Bebis led her team to a 22-20 last minute victory. She went 4 of 6 from the field and 3 of 5 from the free throw line. She also assisted on 4 other baskets.

With 40 seconds left to play, Bebis dribbled through four defenders on the other team and dished the ball to a wide open teammate for the winning basket. Damn, I'm so proud of her.

Bebis is only 13 and should do some damage when she gets to high school, assuming that my constant harrassment will result in her finally practicing free throws. Who knows, maybe we'll eventually see her in the NCAA women's tourney. Only time will tell.

Bebis rocks!

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise