6.30.2009

How M.A.D.D. Will They Be?


Now that we have some very preliminary data out on the dangers of texting while driving, the question in my mind is, will Mother's Against Drunk Drivers come down as hard on their own sons and daughters texting while driving as they have on drunk drivers?
Seemingly, with a reaction time that can be up to four times slower than an individual at .008 BAC, it certainly seems that it should be a no-brainer that this action should be illegal and that criminal penalty and fines should be at least comparable to drunk driving if further research establishes this data to be accurate.
Believe me, I have no love for drunk drivers. But this data does not surprise me. I just hope that my family and I don't wind up dead at the hands of one of these morons before it is deemed illegal and the penalties are comparable to drunk driving.

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise