5.21.2008

Lock And Load, Baby!


Well, it took almost 42 years, but now I have officially become a gun owner.

I broke down the other night (with Tay's prodding, by the way, how awesome is that!) and purchased a "varmint gun" to help rid us of the excessive pests that reside on our land and threaten our garden.

I purchased a Savage Mark II .22 rifle and had the guys put a simple scope on it. I've been target shooting the last few days and I'm pretty damn good with it. The next test will be whether I'm good enough to hit small, odd shaped varmints. I guess there's only one way to find out. I'm already asking Tay to find good rabbit recipes!

I know this is only a popgun to most of my gun-toting friends, but hey, you gotta start somewhere. I guess I probably should have gotten a shotgun, but I'd rather not have that kind of close up firepower just yet until I hone my gun skills. Hell, I'm only a year removed from "allegedly" putting a paintball pellet in Tay's butt!

Now I have dreams of grabbing a 30-06 and a shotgun. Christ, at this rate I may be a fully fledged member of the NRA by the time I'm 45.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The clip is so cute.

Does it squeak when you pull the trigger? :)

Bluey's World Merchandise