5.16.2008

Who Needs Sleep?

Now, here's a movie worth staying up late to watch. I don't know if it deserves Best Picture honors, but it is a magnificent character study in which the three main protagonists interestingly don't really actually interact at all on the screen. I found it to be quite riveting.

Of course it was brutally violent but the Coen brothers put together a nicely cinematic piece of film with very interesting characters, each with his own story to tell. The interaction between characters is fairly random as is much of life. There's no real overall message nor is the story tied up in a cute little bow. It is what it is. I like that.

Excellent film and I would recommend it. It's the best movie I've seen in awhile. A million times better than that "There Will Be Blood" tripe.

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise