4.17.2008

The New X-Files Movie: Monster Tree Alert!

Back in the day, I used to be hooked on the X-Files and watched it religiously with Beukey, Pablo Honey and Teddy Ballgame. Teddy had an interesting method of classifying the episodes.

The two classifications were:

1) Mythology - which involved the long running alien invasion plotline and involved some of the shows more memorable characters such as Cancer Man (or CSM, if you prefer), Fat Tony (as we called him), The Lone Gunman, Deep Throat, X, Well Manicured Man, or Teddy's favorites Krycek and the smoking hot Maria Covarrubias. These episodes were pure gold and I wish that Cris Carter would release them all by themselves in one DVD package.

2) "Monster Tree" - Episodes with some sort of crazy assed monster running around killing people. These episodes were mainly lame except the ones that were made to be funny, such as "Small Potatoes", which is still one of my favorite episodes. Episodes like "New Jersey Devil" were pretty much indicative to this type and were rather ho-hum. The episode "Home" was just downright disturbing and probably ranks up there with the most sickening TV show I ever saw. Teddy called all these creatures "monster trees" and would assess the episode after the first 20 seconds, "oh, goody...another monster tree".

Anyway, they have released details about a new X-files movie and I can already hear teddy moaning....

"Oh, goody another monster tree..."

3 comments:

Beukey said...

Teddy started using that term after we watched an episode where Mulder and Scully were investigating some killing that was tied back to an actual monster tree.

They finally titled the movie the other day. The title is "I Want To Believe" although I think the full title should be "I Want To Believe That Seeing This Isn't A Total Waste Of 2 Hours and $10". I saw one promo for this movie. It's looks awful, and you can't get any idea what is going to happen from the promo.

K. Buchanan Shay said...

I think seperate DVD packages do exist, or they will be released.

BTW, "Home" was one of my all-time favorite episodes...sooo funny! I know, I'm deranged.

In case you are wondering who this is, I'm Beukey's cousin! I enjoy reading your blog 'cause it's very funny, interesting and entertaining.

Bluey said...

I'm always glad to hear when people enjoy my nonsensical rants.

It's all about getting a chuckle a day. Thanks!

Bluey's World Merchandise