4.24.2007

Why Is This Bluey's Favorite Commercial?

I love the Geico Cavemen themed commercials, but my favorite one is the airport commercial.

Maybe I am a racist and the only reason I like this commercial because it is the only politically correct way to express my racism, by acceptably picking on an extinct group of people.

Maybe I just love the Royksopp "Remind Me" jingle.

Maybe it's that goofy bowling shirt and old antique wooden tennis racket that he's carrying.

Maybe it's the utter disgust on his face upon seeing the poster insinuating that he and his cavemen brethren are a bunch of mindless drooling idiots.

While I don't exactly know why I laugh at it, I'm more apt to believe that people in general like to laugh at grossly generalized stereotypes of other groups of people.

Kinda like people referring me to as a filthy greasy spaghetti eating wop.

What does that say about human nature in general? I don't know exactly but what I do know is that I can't stop watching this commercial.

2 comments:

Ace said...

Maybe it's the stimulating music in the background! I agree though, for some reason, I can never take my eyes off the TV when this commercial airs. And I never really thought if it as a type of racism for an extinct breed. That's kinda messed up. And people get offended still when we say cunt, or nigger, or dago. After all, they're just words.

Ace said...

Not to mention that a few other companies seem to be catching the Caveman band-wagon. Have you ever seen the Fed-Ex commercials?

Bluey's World Merchandise