2.23.2007

It's Official: I'm A Crack"Whore"

Last night, Poppinfresh and I played Crackdown on his Xbox360. I think I have found my most favorite game ever.

The premise is that you are a genetically engineered cop that improves skills throughout the game until you are pretty much a Superman. Your task is to clean up the streets which is infested with gangs. Any collateral damage done to citizens in not only forgiven but encouraged.

You can scale tall buildings and open up a can of whoop ass by bludgeoning gang members with your weapons. It kills them even faster than shooting them. There is so much explosive shit to blow up that it is ridiculous in a beautiful way. Because the world is pretty much wide open, you are not led by the nose through the game (which is my biggest pet peeve). You are free to pretty much hunt for whatever bad guy you want whenever. It's basically one big sandbox. And unlike other games, there are a multitude of options for how to attack a hideout and many ways to destroy those inside and outside of it. It's very similar to GTA but everything is open for business right off the bat.

I feel like an artist with a blank canvas when I play this game. Needless to say, my copy is being delivered next week (my first purchase of an xbox360 game!). I have a feeling that I'll be playing this game as much as the crack hoe's go looking for some "rock". I'm addicted.

As I played it last night, there was a common theme I kept hearing from the police chief.

"Do not kill civilians!"

Then I'd turn around and kill one gang member and be instantly forgiven.

"Excellent work!"

Of course, killing only civilians will stunt your powering up, but hey, sometimes I don't like the way that fucking pedestrian is looking at me.

Awesome game! Highly recommended. Bluey gives it a 5 out of 5 stars!

2 comments:

Beukey said...

Did the game's soundtrack include The Clash's "Red Angel Dragent"? It would seem to be a perfect fit. PS I will be in the 'burgh next weekend. Are you going to be around?

Bluey said...

Yes, I'll be in town. Feel free to drop in whenever is good for you. I'll email directions.

Bluey's World Merchandise