2.08.2007

C'mon Fatty, Slide Over A Smidge, Won't Ya?



My girls are real big into the movie "Titanic". Even though it is a real chick flick, I do enjoy watching the boat go down (Big surprise, huh?). I do have a variety of issues with the movie that annoy the hell out of me.


First of all, take a look at the picture on the right above. There's plenty of room for both of them on that floating piece of wood. Maybe if Rose would have skipped a few desserts, Jack would still be alive. Maybe not, but it would have given him a fighting chance anyway. Not that I mind Leonardo DiCaprio becoming fishfood in the movie but Mr. Cameron please, either make the raft smaller or let him die on top of the raft. The way it goes makes me believe that Rose was a self centered bitch who murdered Jack by not making room for him on that huge piece of wood.


Of course, my feelings are justified at the end of the movie when my blood pressure rockets through the roof as Rose, a shriveled up old hag (see photo on top left), takes a piece of history, the blue heart diamond, and tosses it into the sea. Fuck knows why she does this except maybe to prove that a woman's heart indeed, is as deep as the ocean.
When I watch this scene, I truly wish that I was on the boat standing behind her. I would run up to her, snatch the diamond, and then grab her by the ankles and whip her ass right over the railing before she knows what's even happening to her. Then I'd watch her sorry ass drown in the cold water much like the death she gave Jack.
Then I'd put that piece of jewelry where it belongs, in a god damned museum. As if two stupid people's 2 day love affair was worth one millionth of the value of an artifact supposedly crafted for Louis XIV or whatever fictional hogwash they make up in the movie.
A woman's heart is as deep as the ocean....please....to quote Lionel Barrymore, "sentimental hogwash!".

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise