2.18.2009

Tradition!


Tay, the girls (sans Aussie) and I went to see Fiddler On The Roof last night at the Benedum theatre in Pittsburgh.

I have to say I was shocked that Topol from the 1971 movie was performing in the headline role as Tevye. I mean, the guy has to be in his seventies, right?
He was awesome and the production was every bit as good as the movie and Topol was very funny in his oft played signature role. It was a real treat for my girls to see the original Teyve cutting up the stage in song and dance. We all loved it!
It is being billed as his "farewell tour" but I have read differently elsewhere. I would absolutely recommend this production which is only playing here in Pittsburgh until this coming Sunday.
I've enclosed a review from one of the previous shows. This February 12th review pretty much says it all. The set designs were seamless and absolutely marvelous and the singing performances were top rate!
Incredible show...

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise