2.08.2009

Tay Saves The Day!

I sent this raccoon to Jesus today as he was trying desperately to get into the chicken coop in broad daylight this morning.




Tay woke me at 7:25am after she spotted Sir Snacks Alot trying to have chicken for breakfast. He was clawing at both coops and actually broke the handle of a rubber mallet that locks the smaller coop.



A couple of .22 rounds later and Mr. Raccoon is playing the harp!



Props to Tay Tay for saving the day! She's the best!

Our chickens we're so dumb that they basically stood in the bottom of the coop while the raccoon was trying to break in. If not for the fine mesh hardware cloth (instead of chicken wire), this day might have had a tragic ending.

Raccoon for breakfast anyone?

3 comments:

"The Don" (AKA Tankboy) said...

If you aren't wearing that pelt as headgear next time I see you I'll be very disappointed.

Anonymous said...

If you had used your shotgun you would not have had anything to clean up.

Bluey said...

Damn, I knew I should have skinned that badboy...

If I would have used the shotgun, my chickens would have had raccoon chunks for breakfast...

Bluey's World Merchandise