6.04.2006

Carousel

Anybody remember the sci-fi B movie Logan's Run? You know, the one where once you reach the age of 30, they dressed you in a robe and levitated you in a circle (hence "carousel") while laser beams shot all the 30 year old "shrivs" out of the sky.

Carousel was supposed to be the future's answer to rampant overpopulation which was it's author's future vision. Carousel was what was supposed to preserve the earth's waning natural resources for the next generations to survive.

Now, in 2 days, I turn 40 and I'm not necessarily going to advocate Carousel. Oh, who am I kidding. That's exactly what I'm going to advocate.

You see, we have a hell of a lot of baby boomers. Way more than Generation X and Y can support. They soon will be sucking up all of our country's resources. Hell, yesterday, I was out on the road and it took me an hour and ten minutes to drive 15 miles because every baby booming shriv in the world had their Sunday car out on the road and refused to do more than 15 miles per hour. I say it's time to implement the Carousel for real.

Now, the tricky part. What age do we set as the cut-off for Carousel?

Hmmmm, since I'm turning 40 and the baby boomers are an anomaly that will only require Carousel for a short period of time. Surely it will be repealed before I hit Carousel age.

Let's say 62 and we can repeal Carousel in 20 years, when I reach the tender age of 60. That should cure my road rage and make sure that Social Security and all the maximum benefits are around when I'm a shriv.

So, let's fire up the Carousel and pass me one of those Swift's Irish Baby Roasters, so I can chow down and watch the festivities while also solving the "Irish Problem" all in one fell swoop!

No comments:

Bluey's World Merchandise