8.26.2009

Bluey Obituary: Mary Jo Kopechne's Ghost

Just past midnight on Saturday, July 19, 1969, Senator Ted Kennedy drove his black Oldsmobile sedan off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island near Martha's Vineyard, just off Cape Cod. The "married" Senator escaped a watery death, but a passenger in his car, twenty-eight-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, did not. The senator did not immediately call rescue services but wandered away from the scene, checked back into his hotel, called the front desk in the middle of the night to complain about a noise problem and then finally reported the accident 10 hours later!

Today, Ms. Kopechne's ghost can finally rest. It took 40 years, but justice has finally been served. Good riddance to Senator Ted Kennedy as well. He was a trainwreck of a man, a drunken, womanizing joke and lived too long of a life on his brothers' coattails.

1 comment:

Willy Wonka said...

Just past midnight on Tuesday, August 25, 2009, I drove my black Toyota RAV4 on a bridge from Chappaquiddick Island. Suddenly I have felt myself ill and stopped. And – WOV! There was a horrible “passenger” in my car, twenty-eight-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, and she was dead and alive simultaneously! “Why do you drown me in chocolate, Willy?” – she mumbled.
Today, Ms. Kopechne's ghost is continuing to harass me. She often walks through the halls of my factory or wakes me in the night just to ask me “Why do you drown me in chocolate, Willy?” again and again.
But, dear Bluey, if You like, I can make You this gift! You probably would be proud to have the ghost, which was in the private usage of one of the Kennedys…

Bluey's World Merchandise