10.28.2007

"Tay, Will You Marry Me?"

Today, Tay, the girls and I went for a family walk through the woods to a scenic field on top of her Dad's farm overlooking the valley.

I let the girls know earlier the true purpose of this walk, except for Kitty, who was baking with Tay most of the day.

As we neared the top, we stood and took in the breathtaking view on a brisk sunny Sunday afternoon. I turned to Tay and said:

"What a beautiful day. You know what would make this day so much better?"

"No...what?"

I dropped to a knee. "Tay, will you marry me?"

Tay cries for about 2 minutes, then realizes that she hasn't answered me.

"Well?"

"Yes, of course I will!"

Tay cries for another 5 minutes and Tay, Aussie, Loni, Bebis, Kitty and I form one big pack for a group hug and kisses.

Then the girls proceed to dog pile on top of us and start rolling down the hill in celebration.

Aussie snapped a picture of the moment and I will post it soon.

So to all my friends and family, we're engaged!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess you're tired of having fun all the time, eh? :)

"The Don" (AKA Tankboy) said...

Bluey:
Congrats and well done. We already know you are whipped like the rest of us poor saps, now you will just have the ring to prove it! Seriously, congrats to both of you!

Ace said...

What a story book ending! Bravo! No really, congrats to you and Tay! I think there are 2 questions on everyones mind...one, are you going to be able to handle all us pilgrimage crew at the wedding? And two, are we looking at a spring trip to the hockey hall of fame to honor this bachelor? LOL A big congrats to you both!

Bluey said...

There's not going to be a traditional wedding per se. Tay and I will probably pack the kids up and flee to a tropical island somewhere to get married. Then, we'll probably send the kids back, stay an extra couple of days for a honeymoon and have a party of some sort when we get back.

Ace said...

Ah, sounds like a plan! Have fun with the plans, and again...congrats to ya!

'Beeb said...

Awesome. Congrats. (insert ball and chain joke here)

Bluey said...

Thanks! Funny enough, I wore a prisoner's costume while giving away candy on halloween. It came with a plastic ball and chain which Tay forgot at her house. When people asked what I was in for, I told them I just got engaged - lifetime sentence!

And as for the forgotten ball and chain...Tay was sitting right next to me giving out candy. So I would argue that I was wearing it after all.

Bluey's World Merchandise