We keep them separate from the older peeps because one of them, who we call "Buster", won't stop pecking the older birds, nor will she accept her place in the pecking order and back down.
Baxter, on the other hand, is a good little peep and very docile in her dealings with the bigger birds in comparison.
We do not know what breed they will be as of yet. I think that they were chick breeding school projects.
Hopefully, this will round out our flock and I don't expect any more additions. I'll have to start the work to add a few more nesting boxes to the coop this weekend.
Yes, Pittsburgh's poster boy, Sidney Crosby.
Not only does he play like a little bitch, falling anytime anybody gets near him to defend, the NHL officials continue to coddle him whenever any contact is made.
Martin Straka's phantom penalty in Pittsburgh's Game 1 versus the Rangers is the perfect example of his receiving ridiculous preferential treatment. With under three minutes left in a 4-4 tie in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the refs should be putting away their whistles unless they are damned sure that a penalty actually occurs on the ice.
In sachets Sid McDiverson, Straka never touches him, and voila!, a two minute penalty based only on the fact that Straka diverted his path into the offensive zone.
The NHL is turning into a real cunt league with Sidney as it's obvious queen! Congratulations for ruining hockey Sid! I can't wait for someone to smash your brains into the boards and really earn their two minute penalty, so I can hear the whiny bandwagon hockey fans from Pittsburgh give a collective cry whilst cancelling their season ticket packages in one clear motion.
"Chicken Farmer" Bluey has got some new peeps. We got them from a local chicken farm. They were born on 4/1.
The two brown chicks are Rhode Island Reds and the black chicks are Barred Rocks. All four should become prolific egg layers and at $3 dozen, we should never have to buy overpriced eggs again once they are mature.
Tay and I are making a real effort this summer to become as self sufficient as possible given the huge jump in food prices. Our garden will probably end up being pretty huge.
So, along with his debilitating case of gout, in which his utter inability to drive is thus far preventing his pilgrimage attendence, he may have to contend with not catching the Asian flu while tending to his flock!
Anybody want to take odds on how long it takes before he develops some exotic fowl disease?
I blame three people for my ongoing recurrences of gout:
1) My Dad: He must've passed some gout gene to me. He's been in pretty good shape his whole life and suffers regularly from gout. Thanks, Dad. A nice big inheritance might offset some of the pain and suffering!
2) My physician: She knew of my gout recurrences and put me on a diuretic (water pill) anyway for my high blood pressure. Of course, being a biochemist, i should have predicted that the pill would exacerbate the condition, but I'm all about the blaming of others for my problems.
3) My own fat ass: Okay, I'm not all about blaming others, but would it kill me to drop a few pounds?
I'm loading up on colchicine, coffee and cherries!!! Since there is really no good therapeutic drug for gout yet (Savient Pharmaceuticals is working on a new drug, Puricase, that I hope gets approved ASAP!), I hope to god I'm good to go for this weekend!
The two classifications were:
1) Mythology - which involved the long running alien invasion plotline and involved some of the shows more memorable characters such as Cancer Man (or CSM, if you prefer), Fat Tony (as we called him), The Lone Gunman, Deep Throat, X, Well Manicured Man, or Teddy's favorites Krycek and the smoking hot Maria Covarrubias. These episodes were pure gold and I wish that Cris Carter would release them all by themselves in one DVD package.
2) "Monster Tree" - Episodes with some sort of crazy assed monster running around killing people. These episodes were mainly lame except the ones that were made to be funny, such as "Small Potatoes", which is still one of my favorite episodes. Episodes like "New Jersey Devil" were pretty much indicative to this type and were rather ho-hum. The episode "Home" was just downright disturbing and probably ranks up there with the most sickening TV show I ever saw. Teddy called all these creatures "monster trees" and would assess the episode after the first 20 seconds, "oh, goody...another monster tree".
Anyway, they have released details about a new X-files movie and I can already hear teddy moaning....
"Oh, goody another monster tree..."
Tay and I went to see the last performance of The Wedding Singer at the Benedum Center in Pittsburgh tonight. Overall, it was a very enjoyable show except for an unexpectedly disappointing and weak ending two scenes. Instead of the heart warming "Grow Old With You" ballad from Rob to Julia on a plane, we get a crazy scene inside of a Vegas "White House" wedding chapel, where there are several 80's personality look alikes that have to be introduced to be recognized. Pretty lame as the song gets broken into two halves and is a weak rendition to boot.
The musical was devoid of the 80's soundtrack but had some fun original music scores. I really thought that it would be a detraction, but it really wasn't. All of the funny one liners were kept intact including Robbie's "Ode to his ex-fiancee Linda". The Boy George character was hilarious, even without his missed "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" scene. It was a also a nice tribute to the 80's. God, us Generation X'ers are getting old!!!
Anyway, if anybody gets a chance to see this show down the road, I'd recommend it highly! It's no West Side Story, but it's a lot of fun! I'm officially training Tay to do Linda's dance moves on Robbie's bed at home for me...wow!!!
Add Aaron Heilman to my deathwish list too. He is pathetic. I'm starting to commiserate with the "Fire Willie Randolph" crowd. He is atrocious and for some reason, he is in love with using both these guys as much as possible.
Early in the morning sometime before dawn, our cat, Luna, spit out four little rats. She's a tiny cat and she's been bursting for about two weeks.
Here is the first picture of momma cat and her little ratlings!
Anybody wanting a kitty in a few months, put in your requests! First come, first served!
Wong's Wok promised to take any animals we can't find a home for. Or, there's always the river...
Momma and babies are doing just fine. It never ceases to amaze me how animals figure out how to care for their babies going on just instinct.
All in all, a very entertaining evening!
Attendees: Bluey/Tay, Irish, Choder, Meersky, Cali/LiLi, Poppinfresh/Erie, Griffin/Tracer, Francois/Kimi.
Many couples set aside one person each in which they ever got a chance to sleep with, that their spouse would be okay with. For example, for Tay's cousin LiLi, that would probably be someone like Michael Buble.
God knows I always tease Tay about letting me have a one night stand if I ever had a chance with a 19 year old gymnast. But that's not what I really want. I'm a little more sick and twisted than that.
But now I have another idea. When I am in a coma with terminal cancer, I want to be hooked up with "forbidden machina" PS2 that would put me in a virtual world with Rikku from Final Fantasy X.
Yes, this sick fuck would rather have a virtual cartoon character than a "real" virtual woman. Would Tay go for that or would that be considered cheating?